Monday, August 07, 2006

When Ernie Harwell speaks....

WE LISTEN! That's the policy here, even if the old fella is just rambling on about great offensive catchers. It's kind of a short (and random) article, but it's more interesting when you consider that he watched and called the games of most of the guys he is talking about.

There has been some talk that if the Tigers make the playoffs (yes, "IF"--I refuse to jinx it and could not live with myself if I did not make every effort to avoid doing so), Ernie will be asked to work a few innings of the local broadcasts. I assume that means radio, but can you imagine? There's no question people would turn down their televisions and listen to the Hall-of-Famer rather than any national broadcast.

I'll see if I can find a link about that from a reputable source and post it later on today.

No comments: